butterfly kisses after bedtime prayers

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Bring me back to You

Went for two services today, one at my church and the second one at Wesley with Chang and Li. I know it's God's hands working on me, that made me to go down to join them, and I'm glad I did. Standing and singing those familiar songs from MG days with the whole congregation, I could sense His power, His presence...within the congregation and within my heart. Was so overwhelmed and touched by the worship that I cried...ok teared. I'm not a cry baby...erm ok not THAT often I hope *bleh* I realised how much I missed the daily devotions in my MG days.

I couldn't find the lyrics of the song offering. BOO! The lyrics were beautiful.
"Whatever life may bring, you have Jesus praying for you"

So many times I've backslided, ran back to God and then backslide again. It dawned on me that, we're always putting it off. Most of us will always say, "I'll do it tomorrow. I'll go back to worship God tomorrow" but how many times have we realised, we're running out of time? What if tomorrow never comes?

He was betrayed, whipped, humiliated, cursed upon, spat upon, hung to the old rugged cross, crowned with thorns. For us He bled and died. For us He willingly did all these. Our Servant King.

I miss being in His presence. I miss coming home to Him. I can sense His touch, His arms around me, holding me as I break down to cry.

I think there'll always be this point in anyone's life when we just get so broken down and tired out, we start asking "What is there to life?" There must be so much more to life, than what we've all been living for all this while. If you would only open up your heart, you'll realise that He's been there all along. If you would only let him walk with you, you'll realise that he's been walking with you all along, carrying you the times when you can't find the strength to walk. How amazing it is, that He knew you and all about your life even before you were born.

So many times we've tried to rely on our own abilities and strength to achieve certain things and then we fall...often so badly. It's so easy to curse upon every lil thing around you and to blame God for things that happened. But we always forget that God has a plan. A perfect plan for each and everyone of us. Things happen for a reason. If He brought us to it, He'll bring us through it...no matter how tough it seems, nothing is impossible with Him.

=p I sound like I'm making a sermon but ohwells hope this post will touch some of your hearts too.

Right now, I'm praying for 3 people.

1. That you'll walk out through this that is pulling you down so often. Nothing is impossible in Him. Put your faith in Him and you'll find the strength. Be happy everyday coz you're so precious and dear to me and everyone of your loved ones. I've made you that promise, and I'll always be walking this road with you. I'll be praying for you.

2. That you'll continue to put your faith in God. I pray that each and every one of your operations will be successful. That you'll come out of each one, stronger and healthier. The Lord will heal you. I'll be praying for you.

3. Never give up hope, coz your mum needs you now. Have faith because He has never left you and your family. God has a plan for you too. And I'll be praying for you.

Wells, I foresee myself going down to Wesley often =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger