Under Reconstruction
A friendship hurt and bruised...now under reconstruction to be built back again =) I'm glad we hadn't lost what we had.
Chang asked me a really tough question this morning which left me...stunned.
"Do you think you still love him then?"
I didn't know how to answer. How do you answer that question when you've been loving someone for so long and then all of a sudden, it's no more? Do you say you don't love him?
I found an answer to her question.
Yes I still do. And I always will. Nothing can take away the times that we've shared. Nothing can make me forget. I still love him and will still care for him as much as I once did. It's not gonna be any less. Just that it's a different kind of love and different kind of care being put in a different perspective.
I used to tell people to go after the things that will make them happy. Then I realise I might be wrong. Sometimes, letting go might be a better thing. Take a step back, and you might see all that you need to be happy, might just be right in front of you all along. These couple of days when Puang was away, I took a step back...and realised our friendship, our special friendship, might just be all that I need to be happy. All I need to know is, you're happy =)
I gotta say, there's some truth to what Kai said. I guess no matter how much I'm trying to close this chapter of my life..if it comes again, it'll come again. No one knows the future and what it might bring. But if it never comes again...I had loved you, and you gave me the happiest memories in my life.
If love never comes again, we still have something going for us. A special friendship that we know will last for life. A friend that we know we'll never wanna lose. A shoulder always there for each other to cry on. A listening ear for each other to bend...most of all, a promise that will never be broken. =)
A friendship hurt and bruised...now under reconstruction to be built back again =) I'm glad we hadn't lost what we had.
Chang asked me a really tough question this morning which left me...stunned.
"Do you think you still love him then?"
I didn't know how to answer. How do you answer that question when you've been loving someone for so long and then all of a sudden, it's no more? Do you say you don't love him?
I found an answer to her question.
Yes I still do. And I always will. Nothing can take away the times that we've shared. Nothing can make me forget. I still love him and will still care for him as much as I once did. It's not gonna be any less. Just that it's a different kind of love and different kind of care being put in a different perspective.
I used to tell people to go after the things that will make them happy. Then I realise I might be wrong. Sometimes, letting go might be a better thing. Take a step back, and you might see all that you need to be happy, might just be right in front of you all along. These couple of days when Puang was away, I took a step back...and realised our friendship, our special friendship, might just be all that I need to be happy. All I need to know is, you're happy =)
I gotta say, there's some truth to what Kai said. I guess no matter how much I'm trying to close this chapter of my life..if it comes again, it'll come again. No one knows the future and what it might bring. But if it never comes again...I had loved you, and you gave me the happiest memories in my life.
If love never comes again, we still have something going for us. A special friendship that we know will last for life. A friend that we know we'll never wanna lose. A shoulder always there for each other to cry on. A listening ear for each other to bend...most of all, a promise that will never be broken. =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home